Descendants of John L. Blair
Descendants of John L BLAIR - 27 May 2003
1. John L BLAIR1 was born in 1816 in Paisley, Scottland. He immigrated in 1817 to Rygate. He owned 1500 in 1850 in Jay, VT. He appeared on the census in 1850 in Jay, VT. He was a Farmer in 1850 in Jay, Orleans County, VT. John Blair was born at Paisley, Scotland, and emigrated to this country, locating at Ryegate, Vt., in March, 1817. In 1818, he came to Jay, having a capital of seventy -five cents, and now has a good farm of 240 acres. Mr. Blair is noted for his rigid ideas of honesty, and now enjoys a hale old age of sixty-six years. He first located in a log house where F. B. Wakeman now resides
He was married to Emeline (daughter of Unknown UNKNOWN and Unknown UNKNOWN) in 1842 in Jay, VT?.2 Emeline was born in 1822 in New Hampshire. John L BLAIR and Emeline had the following children:
+2 i. William L BLAIR.
2. William L BLAIR was born in 1843 in Jay, VT.5 He appeared on the census in 1850 in Jay, VT. He appeared on the census in 1880 in Jay, Orleans, VT.6 He died in 1925. He was a Farmer in Jay, Orleans County, VT.7
Caroline CLAPPER (daughter of CLAPPER) was born in 1849 in Jay, Orleans County, VT. She appeared on the census in 1880 in Jay, Orleans County, VT. She was also known as Clara. She resided in Jay, Orleans County, VT. She was a House Keeper in Jay, Orleans County, VT.
FROM THE VERMONT WEBSITE, NEWPORT
ORLEANS COUNTY 1883 -1884
George D BLAIR had the following children:
7 i. Hollis W? BLAIR.
6. Minerva Anna BLAIR8 was born on 17 Mar 1872 in Jay, VT. She died on 29 Dec 1962 in Newport, Orleans Co, VT. She Funeral Converse Funeral Service on 31 Dec 1962 in Converse Funeral Home, Newport, VT. She was buried in Jan 1963 in Pine Grove Cemetery. Middle name Anna. "Minnie?"
She was married to George Addison BAILEY (son of Joseph S BAILEY and Lydia D MORSE) on 4 Apr 1891 in Troy, Orleans Co. VT.9 George Addison BAILEY10 was born on 9 Apr 1867 in Newport Town, VT. He was a Supervisor of Streets and Water works between 1920 and 1933 in Newport, Orleans Co, VT.11 An appointee of the mayor and city council He died on 28 Sep 1956 in Highland Ave, Newport, VT. He was elected as Road Commissioner 13 years in Newport Center Lake Rd, Orleans Co. VT. He owned Purchased family Farm 1891 (Owned for 14 Years) in Newport Town, VT. He was elected as Selectman 3 years in Newport Center Lake Rd, Orleans Co. VT. He was buried. He was Methodist. He was siblings 7. Minerva Anna BLAIR and George Addison BAILEY had the following children:
+8 i. Sherburne J. BAILEY.
8. Sherburne J. BAILEY was born on 16 Sep 1894 in Vermont. He was buried in 1957 in Pine Grove Cemetery. He died on 1 Aug 1957 in Newport, Orleans Co, VT.12,13 Died while performing his duties with the city street department as engineer. He Funeral Chaplain Thomas D. Kendall, Benediction by Rev. Mr. Bryson on 6 Aug 1957 in Converse Funeral Home, Newport, VT. He was Address After marriage in 75 Highland Avenue, Newport, VT. He was a Supervisor of Streets and Water in Newport, Orleans Co, VT. He Military Service Army.
He was married to Bernice Julia DAGGETT (daughter of Emera Montraville DAGGETT and Dora A. HERRICK) on 1 Oct 1925 in Vermont. Bernice Julia DAGGETT was born on 17 May 1895 in Vermont. She was Lived with Alfred (her older brother) and Alice Daggett after her Mother's death in 1908 in Holland, VT. She died on 11 Mar 1977 in Wisconsin. Sherburne J. BAILEY and Bernice Julia DAGGETT had the following children:
+12 i. Captain Emera Sherburne BAILEY.
9. Raymond A BAILEY was born in 1899 in Vermont. He
resided in Reading, MA.
11. Emmaline R BAILEY was born in 1910 in Vermont.
This Website was last updated 04/05/2015
©April 25, 2010, blairgenealogy.com
and its Allies